Suggested donation: R100.00
The Institute was founded on 13 March 1947. The aim was to start a school for deaf children in the North. The first school that was established, was Transoranje School for the Deaf, on 16 August 1954. It became clear, however, that the Institute would also have to establish schools for children with other disabilities.
The present Institute schools are: